As promised I worked on a proper installble package of hprof. That went quite smooth, I had some trouble figuring out how to create a .pth file with distutils, but after some googling I found some setup keyword that worked. Not that is it documented in the official documentation. The result is now that some magic makes that profile and pstats are used when available, but when not hprofile and hpstats will be loaded as profile and pstats. Also cared for is that the _hotshot supplied with hprof is used when using hprofile so that the user supplied timer works.
So my current TODO list:
- Make a proper patch for _hotshot.c and try to see if upstream want's it. It would be nice and make life easier.
- Look if it is doable to get rid of these last two FIXME items.
- Maybe make a Debian package for the module, I'll need to think about this a bit frist though.
- Maybe something else I forgot here. I'm still a bit anxious that I didn't find some bovious large thing I missed... ;-)
Do the uni work that has a deadline for 2 September. :-(